description text not enough and croop original text you must not use meta information for IV because it is not true every time
- Alessandro Morelli
- 1) I know that description text from meta tags of this website is a cropped version of article's text.
2) I know that "meta" information sometimes is not true (https://instantview.telegram.org/contest/areanapoli.it/template1/issue1/).
3) There are a lot of Instant View templates currently used by Telegram that have this issue, because many other websites also have this problem (cropped text as "meta" description) and the template reads it as a description.
4) "If the description in the meta data (routinely) doesn’t describe the contents of the article, your template must create a description using the subtitle or lead section, first paragraph, etc." (https://instantview.telegram.org/checklist#3-2-link-preview).
5) I think that the other description wich is longer and ends with "..." is not meaningless (https://instantview.telegram.org/contest/ausdroid.net/template26/issue1/) but is a missed opportunity to my template.
- Type of issue
- IV page is missing essential content
- Apr 7, 2019