Author differs from what is visible to user
- Andrew A.
- It's taken from JSON contained in the source.
- Accepted by admin
- What the user sees when viewing the original article in an ordinary browser has priority over invisible meta-information. Names of actual people are always preferrable over entity names like ‘team’ or the name of the website.
- Andrew A.
- Sorry for bad response: I haven't understood what is asked at first. What I should've said is:
In all cases where we have author name in clear form in the bottom, or after "Guest author" label (try http://cinemaholics.ru/onoff/, for example), I use that line, not meta/JSON content. Here, we have "Перевод" ("Translation") label. I decided that it's not quite clear whether we should take translator name as author, and didn't use it. Translator can quite possibly not be the author of the publication in question.
- Declined by admin
- You're right, the authors are somewhat complicated on this site, but your template does a very good job compared to the others. We did not find any errors that the other templates had, so your solution is acceptable.
Please accept our apologies.
- Type of issue
- Author added their own content
- Jun 18, 2017