"Slideshows are required if the source article shows several photos or other media as a slideshow or gallery." this is checklist text, and you should create the slideshow for the gallery section of this website.
- There are two reasons for this, one is from UX point of view and other based on the updated version of checklist rules.
1. The number of images in these pages is a lot and slideshows limit the user's ability to see and navigate photos. It also glitches with RTL as of now and has some problem showing more than like 20 images. Also in some pages of this website, the author decided to write a paragraph of content in the figure caption of the image and since slideshows can't handle that much content as figure caption, it becomes almost impossible to navigate and all. Believe me when I say I tried before with Slideshow which is visible in some of my older templates and it was no good.
2. Based on the checklist, slideshows are only obligatory if the image on the website is part of a slideshow or gallery in the middle of an article; however this is a gallery PAGE (based on URL, content and template) and not a gallery in the middle or end of an article or news and contains only images with a short description and
- Declined by admin
- "EXCEPTION! Slideshows must not be used:
When the article consists entirely of a slideshow (and its caption/description) and there's no other content.
When the article uses images/videos/GIFs with captions as the main medium (e.g.: travel blogs that show many photos with captions, step-by-step crafting guides, cooking recipes, etc.)." https://instantview.telegram.org/checklist#6-2-3-galleries-and-slideshows
- Type of issue
- IV page is missing essential content
- Feb 7, 2019