These links shouldn't be Related Articles. They are links to different spots in the page, so they should be kept as text links in a side box.
- In most cases this block is used for related articles or supplementary information. Usually when there is an unordered list with links inside it it is meant for related articles. Examples:
1) https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/weather/what-to-do-if-the-power-goes-out/ ("Stormy weather tips");
2) https://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/movies/oscar-2019-predictions-who-will-win-who-should-win-and-what-about-those-back-and-forth-changes/ ("The 91th Academy Rewards");
3) https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/you-mean-the-nicest-guy-in-camp-evan-white-is-the-future-at-first-base-for-the-mariners/ ("REPORT FROM PEORIA 🌵").
It's unreliable to make any assumntions based on an anchor in the end of these links or based on the title ("Index").
Moreover, I don't think this is a critical issue. You barely need a navigation in such relatively short articles.
- Accepted by admin
- It's unacceptable to format index table as related, since these links will be displayed as 4 identical articles. The index should be preserved with anchors.
I also found new issues for winning template:
1) https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/transportation/northwest-drivers-are-more-aggressive-than-they-used-to-be-poll-shows/ - "Related Stories" headers is missing
2) https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/data/seattle-area-residents-least-likely-in-nation-to-give-their-neighborhoods-top-marks/ - "What do you want to know about the Seattle area? Submit your questions here." block should probably be formatted differently
P. S. Should we mark this widget as unsupported? https://instantview.telegram.org/contest/seattletimes.com/template58/issue2/
- Accepted by admin
- We don't accept issues in appeals, since all participants had at least 3 days to report them properly.
- Type of issue
- Author added their own content
- Feb 25, 2019