captions are not marked as captions
- Hi. Let’s look carefully: you propose to set a <em> tag with no identifiers and that is not even located in common parent tag with the image, like a caption for the image. Hmm...
There are many examples on this site where text below image can be identified as a caption absolutely correctly, because of they:
- have identifying @class as a caption;
- follow images below and both are wrapped in one common parent tag;
- are associated with <img> with common @id/@type/@class.
Here just a <em> tag following another one.
Authors do not always use captions for pictures and not always the captions to the pictures are wrapped in the tag <em>. The text in the <em> tags may not be related to the pictures itself. And You has gotten issues about it!
Some admin wrote:
"Template creators should not create workarounds for the websites' issues. The <em> tag could be used for completely unrelated things. Also if it is used in 90% as a caption it's not in 100% of cases."
- Declined by admin
- Type of issue
- IV page is missing essential content
- Mar 5, 2019 at 5:13 PM